Archive for November, 2014
Massage Envy Spa® San Diego, in partnership with The Salvation Army, will be helping struggling San Diego families this holiday season by hosting a toy drive in each of its 25 Massage Envy Spa® locations throughout San Diego County.
Each year, The Salvation Army works with Massage Envy Spa® to make holiday magic happen. By inviting local businesses, schools, churches, clubs and all other community organizations to host the toy drive, they are able to increase the collection of toys for children of all ages.
“Massage Envy Spa® is excited to be the first business to pay it forward and step up to the challenge,” explains Dennis Conklin, Regional Developer. “Massage Envy sees approximately 40,000 customers each month across each of the 25 open San Diego locations. We are hoping to make a huge difference in the lives of many this holiday season.”
Each year, the need for toys grow as parents work several jobs to pay rent and provide food, often not having anything left over for special gifts for their children. Last year alone, The Salvation Army provided 24,000 toys (and in addition 24,000 stocking stuffers) for 12,059 local children. The Salvation Army’s goal for 2014 is to provide 30,000 toys & 30,000 stocking stuffers to 13,700 children countywide . The Massage Envy Spa® toy drive is one way to help The Salvation Army accomplish that goal.
“Each year, we struggle to collect enough toys to meet the needs. We are reaching out to community partners to help this growing need and are thrilled to have Massage Envy Spa® pave the way for other businesses looking for a way to contribute to their community this holiday season,” says Major Lee Lescano, Divisional Commander for The Salvation Army.
Massage Envy Spa® locations will be a drop-off site for new, unwrapped toys for children of all ages from Nov. 17 through Dec. 17. Those interested in hosting their own toy drive can simply submit an application online under the volunteer tab at www.sandiego.salvationarmy.org.
Each Massage Envy Spa® location has over 4,000 available appointments a month. They are open seven days a week and have 25 locations from North County through South Bay and East County to central San Diego, including:
• Carlsbad / Oceanside – 2455 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92054
• Carmel Valley – 11130 East Ocean Air Drive, San Diego, CA 92130
• Clairemont – 4911 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA 92117
• Downtown East Village – 1091 K Street San Diego, CA 92101
• Eastlake – 878 Eastlake Parkway, Chula Vista, CA 91914
• Encinitas – 278 North El Camino Real, Encinitas, CA 92024
• Escondido – 1210 Auto Parkway, Escondido, CA 92029
· Grossmont – 8784 Navajo Road, San Diego, CA 92119
• Imperial Beach – 655 Saturn Blvd. Ste. C, San Diego, CA 92154
• La Jolla – 7650 Girard Avenue, La Jolla, CA 92037
• Lakeside – 13465 Camino Canada, El Cajon, CA 92021
• Mira Mesa – 9450-A Mira Mesa Blvd, Mira Mesa, CA 92126
• Mission Valley – 7610 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108
• Pacific Beach – 1762 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92117
• Point Loma – 2560 Laning Rd Suite A103, Point Loma, CA 92106
• Rancho Bernardo – 16779 Bernardo Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92128
• Rancho Penasquitos – 9925 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92129
• Rancho San Diego – 3713 Avocado Blvd La Mesa, CA 91941
• San Marcos – 145 S. Las Posas Road, San Marcos, CA 92078
• Santee – 9824 Mission Gorge Road Suite D Santee, CA 92071
• Solana Beach – 665 San Rodolfo Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
• Terra Nova – 316 E H Street Chula Vista, CA 91910
• Tierrasanta – 3425 Murphy Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92123
• UTC – 8650 Genesee Ave., San Diego, CA 92122
• Vista – 20 Main Street Suite H130, Vista, CA 92083
About Massage Envy Spa®
Massage Envy Spa, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchised locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage in the United States. The national franchise is dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic massage and spa services to members and guests with busy lifestyles at convenient times and locations. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy Spa has over 1,000 franchise locations in 49 states and 1.5 million members. In addition, the average unit volume for a franchise location is $1.35 million. Through its national partnership with the Arthritis Foundation, Massage Envy Spa has raised more than $2 million in three, one-day Healing Hands for Arthritis events. The company was recently ranked #1 Best Franchise with an initial investment of $500,001 and up by Forbes, #88 in Franchise Time’s Top 200, #54 in Entrepreneur’s 2014 Franchise 500 and #24 in its Fastest Growing Franchise rankings. Massage Envy Spa is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and was named a 2013 Military Friendly Franchise. For more information, visit MassageEnvy.com.
Veterans were remembered with honor on the morning of Monday, November 3, as the JROTC Program at Mount Miguel High School held its 25th Annual Veterans Day Ceremony. Principal Steve Coover and retired JROTC Instructor Major John Bachmann were joined by parents and staff who witnessed the ceremony as more than 200 JROTC Cadets honored military personnel who have served our country throughout history.
The morning ceremony began with Cadet Battalion Executive Officer Karlyle Laraya introducing the key leaders of the battalion and their companies, and she delivered a brief message on the significance of this important day.
She addressed the crowd with a message that from the first battle of the American Revolution to our ongoing war against terrorism in conflicts around the globe, and in humanitarian missions at home and abroad, our veterans have saved countless lives. Their determination and readiness to go where they are needed are compelling symbols of liberty, justice and hope for freedom all over the world.
The program also included the Corps of Cadets conducting ceremonial procedures and marching in formation. The Flag Detail raised the flag in conjunction with the playing of Reveille, which was followed by the National Anthem.
To all our service members, past and present, whether far from home or here in the United States, we thank you for your countless contributions and selfless sacrifices.
In further JROTC news, the Grossmont High School NJROTC program is also actively involved in a local event to honor our veterans this weekend. On November 8, a Grossmont Color Guard Team will participate in honoring the United States Marine Corps in a celebration of the 238th birthday of the Marine Corps at the El Cajon VFW Post. Also, on Sunday, November 16, Grossmont Cadets will volunteer in support of the Silver Strand Half Marathon, in which many veterans participate annually.
Thank you to our students for honoring our veterans’ service to this great country.